Saturday, May 24, 2008

Abbey Road, Stones Exhibit, and so on




Wow what a day. I woke up and showered and went adventuring. I first went to Abbey Road in North London, but got sidetracked in a giant park on the way there heh. I got there and I was kind of let down. I took a picture of the sidewalk, but I had no one to take my picture walking across : /. The wall in front of the studio was much cooler, with everyone signing it to say they were there. I jumped on a bus from there and the thing that takes money was broken so I got a free ride woo. I walked to a brand new photography exhibit from The Rolling Stones 1969 tour. They were dead broke on that tour, I didn't know that. It was really cool. After that I went to Starbucks and pulled all my stuff out of my pocket to get my money out. One of the items being my roomkey, I left it there, ate and left. I took the tube for probably 30 minutes to get home and right when I got to the door of the complex I was like "Fuck. My key is sitting at Starbucks across town." Since it was late I had to haul back before the closed and locked up. I got there in time though. Outside the tube station was this guy playing guitar. He obviously wasn't like the hobos who play. He was dressed in a very suave manner and had the most incredible playing style I've ever seen. He played...in like this jazz fusion style I rarely ever see. Most people play guitar with one hand strumming or picking notes and the other hand on the neck holding different frets to make different notes and chords. This guy kept both hands on the neck and had the craaaaziest sound. It was so awesome. I took a video, but he said videos aren't allowed and asked me to delete it so I complied. He said he only wanted people who see him in person to hear him. He had cd's, but I'm too broke heh. He was amazing though. Tomorrow I'm going to a few other things that just opened in London. I planned to go to them today, but just ran out of time. Phew.


No comments: